- Sorghum is high on fibre and minerals and in combination with chana flour its glycemic index drops thus the absorption of sugar (Starch) will be less.
- Dill leaves are very good source of vitamins and minerals
- Condiments like carom, clove, pepper, cinnamon are rich in essential oils needed to improve the hormonal imbalance and symptoms of PCOS
- Sorghum (Jowar)- 40g
- Dill Leaves (Shepu)- 10g
- Carom seeds (Ajwain)- 1/4 TSP
- Black Pepper- 1/4 TSP
- Black Sesame seeds -1/2 TSP
- Coriander seed powder- 1/4 TSP
- Salt -To Taste
- Chana Flour (Besan) -30g (Coarsely ground)
- Curd- 50g
- Chopped Coriander- 1 TBSP
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2 TSP
- Clove -2 to 3 no’s
- Kashmiri chilli -1 small
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 TSP
- Salt -To taste
- Oil -1 TSP
Method of preparation
- Take a deep bowl and add jowar flour, chopped shepu and all the other ingredients.
- Knead a medium soft dough using warm water and keep it aside for 15 to 20 mins for proofing.
- Take a ball of the dough and roll it using roll pin. Put it on the hot plate and cook it over medium flame till its golden brown both sides by flipping it.
- Dry roast besan till its golden brown
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, and add Kashmiri chilli, clove, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder, salt and curd. Mix it well.
- Add little water and give a boil.
- Add roasted besan and keep on stirring till the suspension becomes thick. Add little water to make up the consistency.
- Sprinkle coriander and serve hot with jowar bhakri.