Brown Rice Veggies Bowl: A Colorful yet Healthy Recipe
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 3 tbsp steamed rajma
- 2 tbsp spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 3-4 broccoli florets (steamed)
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Wash brown rice and soak it for 1 hour prior cooking.
- Now add 1.5 times water along with brown rice and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Boil the rajma separately.
- In a bowl mix the rice, and veggies and soy dressing.
Easy to carry at work kind of wholesome one dish meal with a great mix of cereals, pulses, veggies and taste. Lots of fiber, vitamins and minerals along with antioxidants to fight inflammation and improve insulin resistance.
|Energy (Kcal)||Carbs (gm)||Protein (gm)||Fat (gm)||Fiber (gm)|
|212 Kcal||42.1 gm||8.2 gm||1.6 gm||5.9 gm|