- This dish is a very well balanced convenient to carry option for working women. Also it can be had either whole for a meal or half for snack.
- The combination of the flour for the base are an excellent replacement to white flour or wheat flour only that is usually used to make paratha. Thus its ideal for PCOS as the absorption of starch will be very slow, helping in weight management.
- Wheat flour -20g
- Oats -10g
- Chana flour -10g
- Egg whites- 2 (Boiled)
- Spring onion -10g
- Spinach -10g
- Mint -5g
- Coriander- 1 TSP
- Green chilli -1/3 (Optional)
- Jeera powder- 1/4 TSP
- Coriander powder- 1/4 TSP
- Chaat Masala -1/4 TSP
- Black salt (To taste)
- Veg oil -1/2 TSP
- Cow Ghee- 1/2 TSP (Melted)
Method of preparation
- Knead soft to medium dough using wheat and chana flour with oats and keep it aside for proofing.
- Finely chop all the vegetables and mix it well with boiled egg whites adding salt, chilli and all the masalas to prepare a stuffing.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Take one portion of dough and roll it into a circle using a rolling pin.
- Now take the second portion and roll it out. Place all the stuffing and layer it well. Now put another circle of chapati on it. Seal it well at the circumference.
- Grease a hot plate with vegetable oil using a silicone brush. Put the Paratha on it. Cook over medium flame. Flip it as the base gets crisp. Cook it well both sides till red dish brown in colour.
- Serve hot putting a dash of cow’s ghee.