Convenient and quick breakfast option and well balanced in macro nutrients. High on fibre and thus useful in PCOS.
- Vermicilli- 30g
- Egg -1 no
- Tomato (Puree) -50g
- Onion -20g
- Capsicum- 20g
- Coriander (Chopped)- 1 TBSP
- Curry leaves- 4 to 5 no
- Mustard seeds -1/2 TSP
- Jeera -1/2 TSP
- Urad dal -5g (1 TSP)
- Green chilli- 1/3 (Optional)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 TSP
- Salt -To taste
- Veg oil- 1 TSP
Method of preparation–
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Dry roast wheat vermicelli and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves, green chilli, urad
- Add chopped onion and sauté till golden brown. Now, add the tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped capsicum and sauté. Add salt, turmeric powder and wheat vermicelli.
- Add half a cup of water and cook till the vermicelli becomes soft.
- Beat an egg and add it into the dish, cook for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.