Cous-cous is high in complex carbohydrate and is released slowly in the blood which is useful in PCOS for maintaining weight.
- Fish -100g
- Couscous- 40g
- Mint -15g
- Lemon-. 1 no.
- Garlic (Minced)- 1/2 TSP
- Flaxseeds (Crushed) -1/2 TSP
- Peanuts (Crushed)- 1/2 TSP
- Green Chilli -1/2 (Optional)
- Black Pepper- 1/4 TSP
- Turmeric pd- 1/4 TSP
- Salt -To taste
- Olive oil- 1 TSP
Method of preparation–
- Clean and wash the fish thoroughly. Marinate with garlic, lemon, Blackpepper ,Salt and Olive oil.
- Clean and soak Cous-Cous for about an hour.
- Pressure cook Cous-Cous giving 2 whistles, cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Prepare Mint chutney using Mint, Green chilli and salt.
- Once the Cous-cous is cold mix in the mint chutney and top it with crushed flaxseeds and peanuts.
- Heat a saucepan and add ½ tsp Olive oil. Pan fry the marinated fish till crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot fish with Cous-cous.