- This dish is an ideal one for weight watcher and PCOS women. White flour is replaced with whole wheat flour. Bread crumbs are replaced with rolled oats increasing the fibre.
- Fish is lean protein source rich in omega 3 Fatty acids which helps in optimizing the hormonal imbalance seen in PCOS.
- Fish fillets (Thin) -100g
- Wheat flour- 15g
- Oats (Coarsely ground)- 10g
- Egg -1 no
- Lemon- 1 small
- Coriander powder -1/2 TSP
- Black pepper- 1/4 TSP
- Oregano -1/4 TSP
- Garlic powder- 1/2 TSP
- Kashmiri red chilli powder -To taste
- Salt -To taste-
- Veg Oil 1/2 TSP (For greasing)
Method of preparation–
- Marinate fish for almost 15-20 mins using lemon, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder
- Pre-heat oven for about 10 mins
- Mix wheat flour, oregano and garlic powder with little salt in a bowl.
- Beat an egg and keep aside.
- Take a fish fillet and put it in wheat flour mix, then dip it in beaten egg and coat it with rolled oats. Repeat this for all fillets.
- Grease a baking dish and place all fillets evenly keeping little distance for baking well.
- Bake at 240-degree F for about 15 mins till all the fillets are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with nutri chutney and curd dip.