Chicken Greens Walnut Bowl- A High Fiber Diet for PCOS
Chicken (Shredded) – 50g
Avocado (pulped) – 1 no
Lettuce (Torn) – 1 cup
Bell peppers (Chopped) – 1 cup
Zucchini (Chopped) – 1cup
Walnuts (Toasted and chopped)-1/3 cup
Mustard halves-1/2 tsp
White balsamic vinegar-1/2tbsp
Extra-virgin olive oil-2tsp
Freshly ground black pepper and salt-As per taste
Method of Preparation:
- Add all the chopped vegetables in a big mixing bowl.
- Add in the chopped walnuts which are lightly tossed.
- Mix in all the other dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour in the dressing into the vegetables.
- Serve fresh.
- Chicken is a first class Protein of very high biological value and thus is absorbed very well, Protein rich foods are preferred options for weight management in PCOD.
- Vegetables like Lettuce, Bell peppers and Zucchini are very rich in Anti-oxidants and provide nutritional benefit in PCOD.
- Walnuts are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential fats needed for the treatment of hormonal imbalances of PCOD.