- Parboiled rice has a lower glycemic index compared to white rice meaning its absorbed slowly and thus is very effective for weight management in PCOS
- Rajmah is rich in omega 3 fats and low on glycemic index. Omega 3 fats are essential to control the hormonal imbalance in PCOS
- Rice (Parboiled)- 40g
- Bell Peppers (Red / Yellow / Green) -60g (1/3 small each)
- Cabbage -10g
- Broccoli -10g
- Kidney beans (Rajmah) -25g soaked
- Ginger (Minced) -1/2 TSP
- Garlic (Minced) -1/2 TSP
- Black Pepper- 1/4 TSP
- Chilli Flakes -To taste
- Salt -To taste
- Oil- 1 TSP
Method of preparation
- Boil rajmah giving 3 to 4 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Soak rice for about 2 to 3 hours and boil till completely cooked.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and add minced ginger, garlic and chopped vegetables. Also add salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Mix the rice and rajmah into the vegetable on a high flame and saute it for a minute.