Millet Khichdi: A Tastier Version of your Boring Khichdi
- ¼ Foxtail Millet
- ½ tbsp Yellow Moong dal
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp carrot, chopped
- 2 tbsp French beans, chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ Tomato chopped
- 1 green chilli
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- Pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
- Water 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat a pan, add foxtail millet and dry roast over low flame for 1 – 2 mins.
- Add moong dal to the pan and dry roast it for 10-20 seconds.
- Heat a cooker with oil. Add green chilli, mustard seeds, jeera and hing.
- Add onions, garlic and cook till it turns translucent.
- Add tomato and saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped vegetables, peas and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry roasted foxtail millet, yellow moong dal and mix well
- Add water, salt, mix well, close the cooker and cook for 3 whistles over low flame.
- Open the cooker once the pressure goes off, Millet khichdi is ready.
- Serve hot.