Vegan Makhana Kheer: To Curb your Cravings on a Cheat Day
- 2 cups almond milk
- ¾ cups makhana (puffed lotus seeds)
- ¼ cup brown rice (cooked and mashed)
- 2-3 tbsp jaggery syrup/ powder
- 1 Tbsp almonds , crushed
- 1 Tbsp pistachios, crushed
- 2 pinch Tsp cardamom powder
- saffron (Few strands)
1. In a kadai, dry roast the makhanas till crisp and slice them into 2.
2. In a heavy bottomed vessel, add the makhanas, almond milk, saffron and rice and let it come to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes till the milk thickens.
3. Now add he jaggery syrup/ powder, cardamom, ½ tbsp. of almonds and pistas each and boil for few more minutes.
4. Remove in bowls and garnish with remaining ½ tbsp. of almonds and pistas.
5. Serve warm
Healthiest kheer when it comes to nutrients and fiber. Also a great meal in itself. Does not cause insulin spikes and hormonal imbalances as its dairy free
|Energy (Kcal)||Carbs (gm)||Protein (gm)||Fat (gm)||Fiber (gm)|
|1240 Kcal||226.2 gm||34.4 gm||22.6 gm||49 gm|