Millet Veg Idlis: Yummy and Healthy Idlis for PCOS
- 1 cup Foxtail Millet
- ½ cup White Urad Dal
- Salt , to taste
- ¼ cup mixed chopped veggies ( carrot, French beans)
- Wash and soak the millet and urad dal seperately with enough water overnight.
- To make the batter, drain the soaked millets and urad dal and add this millet-dal combination into a grinder and grind into a smooth batter using very little water till its dropping consistency.
- Prepare the idli steamer with a little water in the bottom. Pour the batter in the idli racks, steam the idli’s for 10 minutes till they are done (check with knife).
- Now remove the idlis and serve with chutney and sambhar.
An awesome gluten free breakfast option with the nutrients from the millets and fiber from the veggies to give you a balanced blood sugar level and no hunger pangs.
|Energy (Kcal)||Carbs (gm)||Protein||Fat||Fiber|
|840 Kcal||158.2 gm||38.2 gm||5 gm||39.4 gm|