Rolled Oats Upma: A Savory Version of your Sweet Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp urad dal
- few curry leaves
- 10 cashew , crushed
- 2 chilli, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 7-8 beans, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peas
- ½ tsp turmeric
- sea salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut, grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dry roast the oats till light brown and keep aside
- In a kadai heat oil and add mustard, urad dal, jeera, few curry leaves and 10 cashews.
- Saute until the cashews turn golden brown.
- now add chilli and onion. saute well.
- Then add carrot, beans, peas, ½ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp salt.
- Add 2 tbsp water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add ½ cup water and get it to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add in roasted oats and mix well till all the water absorbs.
- Now add salt coriander, coconut and lemon juice.
- Enjoy warm.