Nutri Chicken Biryani: Healthy Biryani for a Healthy You
Brown basmati rice – 15g
Lean cuts of chicken – 50g
Hung curd/ slim curd– 50g
Poppy seeds – ½tsp
Black sesame seeds – ½tsp
Melon seeds – ½tbsp
Onion – 25g
Carrot – 10g
Capsicum – 15g
French beans – 15g
Cauliflower – 10g
Oil- 1 tsp
Salt, Chilli powder-As per taste.
Biryani masala-As per taste
Bay leaf- 2 no.
Coriander leaves- For garnish
Method of Preparation:
- Take chicken and marinate it with hung curd, salt, chilli powder and olive oil for 1 ½ -2 hrs.
- Soak rice for 15 minutes in double the amount of water.
- Chop vegetables finely.
- Soak the melon and poppy seeds for 15-20minutes and make it into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions till golden brown. Add masalas to it.
- Add the remaining vegetables and marinated chicken to it till cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaves and clove, add the rice and saute for few minutes and add the rice water to cook.
- Cook till the rice is almost separated.
- Fill the pan with alternate layers of rice and masala. Cook on low flame and allow the masalas to blend with rice over sigdi/ coal (Or place the kadhai on tava which is on direct flame and cover it with mud based tava).
- Garnish the biryani with coriander and serve hot.
- Brown rice is a rich source of fibre and B-complex vitamins and along with vegetables is a good option for weight management in PCOD.
- Chicken is lean cut of meat and a rich source of proteins which is beneficial for weight management in PCOD.