- Having stale roti makes the starch resistant to digest giving good weight loss and Besan added to wheat flour blunts the glycemic index reducing the starch absorption rate.
- Black beans are high on anti-oxidants, soluble fibre and omega 3 fatty acids which are very useful in PCOS
- Wheat flour- 10g
- Chana flour- 10g
- Black beans- 40g (soaked)
- Sweet potato- 20g
- Red, Yellow and Green pepper -30g
- Basil leaves- 5g
- Tomato- 50g
- Garlic (minced)- 1/2 TSP
- Chilli flakes -To taste
- Chaat masala- 1/4 TSP
- Salt -To taste
- Olive oil- 1 TSP
- Veg oil- 1/2 TSP
Method of preparation
- Prepare 2 dry phulka using wheat flour and channa flour in the afternoon.
- Pressure cook beans giving 2 whistles.
- Blend tomatoes till it purees, saute tomato puree on a medium flame till it leaves the pan. Heat veg oil and add minced garlic.
- In a pan add olive oil on medium flame. Put minced garlic and saute for a minute. Add chopped potatoes, beans, chopped bell peppers and top it with basil leaves. Mix in salt, chilli flakes and masalas.
- Heat phulka over medium flame on a hot plate for a minute till slightly crisp.
- Put a table spoon of the tomato puree on the roti base. Place a ladle full of sautéed vegetables and roll it up
- Serve hot with salad as an accompaniment.