Vegetable Ragi Idli: Healthy Indian Recipe for PCOS
Ragi flour 10g
Udad dal 5g (soaked for 4 hours and drained)
Rawa soaked 10g
Oil for greasing- 2.5g
Oil for tadka- 2.5g
Curry leaves- 4-5 no.
Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
Salt, Chilly powder- As per taste
Method of preparation
- Grind black gram into a smooth paste by using little water.
- Drain the idli rawa and place it in a bowl. Add black gram paste and mix well. Add millet flour with it and mix.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in a warm place to ferment for 8 hours.
- Next day, add salt to taste and chopped vegetables.
- For tadka, heat oil in a non- stick bowl, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add the chillies and keep sautéing for a minute. Add this hot to the fermented batter. Mix well.
- Heat sufficient water in the steamer. Grease the idli moulds with some oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter in each mould and place them in the steamer.
- Cover it and let it cook for 12- 13 minutes on medium to high flame.
- Remove the idli from moulds and place it in a dish.
- Serve hot with sambhar and green chutney.
Benefits in PCOS Management
Fermentation is a good way to improve the digestibility and improve the intake of healthy bacteria (probiotics) in the diet. It can be a good snack option or a meal by itself for weight management in PCOD.