Pearl Millet Dosa: A Light yet Filling Breakfast for a Healthy Start
Pearl millet (Bajra)- 15 g
Rice flakes (poha)- 5 g
Urad dal- 5g
Fenugreek seeds- 5 g
Refined oil- 5 g
Salt- As per taste
Method of Preparation:
- Wash Bajra, urad dal and fenugreek seeds and soak them overnight.
- Drain the water from dal and millet mixture.
- Soak the rice flakes in water for 15- 20 minutes.
- Grind dals, fenugreek seeds and rice flakes into a fine paste using the water they were soaked in to retain the water soluble vitaminutes.
- Leave the batter to ferment overnight. There will be visible tiny bubbles over top. Add salt to taste on the next day.
- Adjust the consistency to spreadable like dosa thickness.
- Heat a non stick pan, spread a spoonful of batter and spread it in a circular motion moving outwards.
- Cook on both sides.
- Serve hot with 1 cup sambhar and a small cup of green chutney.
Bajra is a rich source of iron and fibre. Fenugreek seeds is a rich source of soluble fiber and works well in reduction of visceral Fat which is needed in PCOD.