- Parboiled rice is used in this dish as it has moderate glycemic index and does not increase insulin levels thus useful in PCOS as there is Insulin Resistance.
All herbs and condiments used have essential aromatic oils which help in improving hormonal imbalances seen in PCOS.
- Parboiled Rice- 40g
- Chicken pieces-100g
- Curd- 2 Tbsp
- Cauliflower- 20g
- Onion- 15g
- Basil-1 Tbsp
- Green Garlic- 1 tsp chopped
- Mint- 1 Tbsp chopped
- Parsley- 1 tsp chopped
- Ginger (minced)- ½ tsp
12.Garlic (minced)- ½ tsp
- Bayleaf- 1 no.
- Cloves- 2-3 no.
- Cinamon- 1 small stick
- Green cardamom-2 no.
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder- To taste
- Salt- To taste
- Vegetable oil- 1 and ½ tsp.
Method of preparation–
- Cook rice in the afternoon using draining method (Removing excess of water at the end of cooking) to drain out starch.
- Marinate chicken using curd, half portion of Ginger Garlic, salt and all the masala’
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add Ginger Garlic with all condiments (Bay leaf, Cloves, Cinamon, Elaichi) saute for a minute. Add marinated chicken and cook till tender.
- Add chopped Onion and saute till golden brown. Add Cauliflower and cook for 2-3 mins. Now add Carrot and saute on medium to hich flame.
- Put rice into it and sprinkle fresh chopped herbs like Green Garlic,Basil,Mint.Parsley. Cover it for 2 mins for the aroma of herbs to set in.
- Serve hot with mix veg raita.