Brown Rice with Egg & Veggies for PCOS
Brown rice-15 g
Eggs whites- 2 no.
Baby corn -15g
Oil- 1.5 tsp
Salt, Black pepper, Thyme -As per taste
Green chilly- 1 small
Garlic- 2-3 cloves
Method of preparation:
- Soak Brown Rice overnight and cook it by adding little salt. Spread it over to cool.
- Take egg and add salt, pepper and beat. Heat the wok/ pan/ skillet, add 1 TSP oil and add the eggs to make a thin omelette.
- Remove this on a board and cut into slices.
- Add the remaining oil, onion, garlic and chilli to the pan/ wok and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining chopped vegetables, little salt and stir fry for 4-5 minutes till they are cooked and a bit crispy.
- Add the cooked rice in this and cook for about 3 – 4minutes. Sprinkle some thyme.
- Serve hot.
- Brown rice is a rich source of fibre and B-complex vitamins and along with vegetables is a good option for weight management in PCOD.
- Egg white is Albumin which is first class Protein of very high biological value and thus is absorbed very well, Protein rich foods are preferred options for weight management in PCOD.