Hariyali Kofta: A Scrumptious Kofta for PCOS
Low Fat paneer (cow’s milk) – 30g
Chana flour – 15g
Carrot – 10g
Dudhi – 10g
Salt, chilli powder- As per taste
Spinach – 50g
Onion – 10g
Tomato – 10g
Coriander – 5g
Mint leaves – 5g
Hung curd with olive oil (Few drops) – 15g
Melon seeds (Powdered coarsely) – 1tbsp
Salt, Chilli powder, Coriander powder- As per taste
Oil- ½ tsp
Mint leaves – 2 to 3 no.
Method of Preparation:
For the Kofta :
- Mix in all the ingredients and make small balls.
- Grate the carrot and bottle gourd (dudhi).
- Heat the appam pan and grease it with a small drop of oil .
- Roast the koftas.
For the Curry :
- Blanch the spinach. Chop the other vegetables.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add chopped onion and saute till golden brown, add in the masalas and tomatoes till they become soft.
- Cool the masala mix and blend it with blanched spinach, coriander and mint leaves.
- Cook the paste on low flame and add the hung curd with olive oil.
- Spinach is a rich source of folic acid which is vitaminB9.Its also rich in fibre coupled with other vegetables making it very useful for weight management in PCOD.
- Chana flour has a low glycemic index i.e its not absorbed very fast and thus is effective for weight management in PCOD.