Raw Papaya Mango Salad- A Sweet and Sour Salad for PCOS
- ½ cup white raw papaya, grated
- 3 tbsp raw mango, grated
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- ½ carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Few basil leaves torn
- ½-3/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- Sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, add all the veggies and mix well and keep side.
- In a mortar pestle, grind the garlic, jaggery, chilli flakes, and salt coarsely
- Add in the lemon juice, and soya sauce to make the dressing
- Pour this dressing over the veggies and mix
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and torn basil leaves.
- Serve chilled
Very high in fiber, antioxidants and minerals and low in fat and calories making it a perfect dinner replacement reducing the strain on the gut and liver. The good fats in it also help to balance to the blood sugar levels.
|Energy (Kcal )||Carbs (gm)||Protein (gm)||Fat (gm)||Fiber (gm)|
|597 Kcal||56.2 gm||22.6 gm||32.7 gm||15.2 gm|