Ragi Dosa: A Healthy Replacement to your Regular Dosa
- ¼ cup Urad dal
- ½ cups Whole Ragi Millet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1tsp cold pressed oil
- Wash and soak the whole white urad dal and the Ragi millet separately overnight.
- Drain the water and blend the ragi and urad dal with enough water to make a dosa batter consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, Add in the salt and mix well to combine. Cover the bowl with a lid and let it ferment in a cool dry place for 6-8 hours.
- The batter should have increased in volume after 6-8 hours and should look foamy. Mix well using a spatula to release the excess foam. The batter should not be very thick. If its thick, add some water to dilute.
- Heat a dosa pan hot and keep the flame at medium. Add the oil.
- Now pour a ladle of batter and cook it till golden brown for 30 sec to 1 minute and turn on the other side cook for 30 sec again.
- Serve warm, with chutney.
Ragi is super rich in calcium , iron and fiber and it’s gluten free which is beneficial for PCOS as it also helps in preventing insulin resistance.
|Energy (Kcal)||Carbs (gm)||Protein (gm)||Fat (gm)||Fiber (gm)|
|627 Kcal||101.8 gm||19.3 gm||16 gm||17.3 gm|